NASHVILLE, Tenn. - - Belmont University Athletics announced Tuesday that the annual Meet the Bruins Night presented by Pepsi will be held Thursday, Oct. 27 at 6 pm in the Curb Event Center.
The event serves as an official tipoff to basketball season and will be fans’ first opportunity to see Belmont’s men’s and women’s basketball teams in action in 2011-12.
Highlights of the evening include:
- On-court play from Belmont’s men’s and women’s basketball teams
- Belmont head coaches Rick Byrd and Brittney Ezell mic’d up for live commentary during play
- Autograph and picture session with the players, cheerleaders and Bruiser
- Interactive contests teaming up Bruin players and fans
- Half-court shot contest for an iPAD2
- Promotional item giveaways, including T-shirts, roster cards, and schedule key chains
- A special surprise from the EA Sports Maui Invitational
- Concession stand open
Fans will also have an opportunity to purchase basketball season tickets and select their seats.
A limited number of The Road to 30-5 commemorative DVDs – recapping the Bruins’ historic 2010-11 season – will be on sale as well.
Admission is FREE and open to the public.