Men's Tennis Defeats Western Kentucky 6-1 in Regular Season Finale
Nashville, Tenn. – In their regular season finale, the Belmont men's tennis team picked up their fourth straight win as they defeated Western Kentucky 5-2 in a non-conference match held Friday at the Davis Complex on the Belmont campus.
Western Kentucky took early control of the match as they picked up two doubles wins to earn the first point of the match. The lone Belmont win in doubles came at number two as Joao Paoliello and Felipe Cirne Lima beat Quinn Saine and Currie Martin 8-2.
In singles, the Bruins stormed back. They won five of the six singles matches to cruise to the match victory over the Hilltoppers 5-2.
Belmont (8-11) now begins preparation for next week's A-Sun Tournament in DeLand, Florida. They are seeded #6 and will begin play in the first round on Thursday against #3 UNF at 10:30am CT.
Belmont 5, Western Kentucky 2
1. Renato Antun (BELM) def. Thomas Krug (WKU) 4-6, 6-3, 6-3
2. Rafael Matos (BELM) def. Currie Martin (WKU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Felipe Cirne Lima (BELM) def. Priyank Gangadharan (WKU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Jonathan Murrell (BELM) def. Arul Selvan (WKU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-1
5. Craig Kirchgessner (WKU) def. Bruno Silva (BELM) 7-6, 6-2
6. Zach Zola (BELM) def. Lance Freeman (WKU) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
1. Thomas Krug/Craig Kirchgessner (WKU) def. Renato Antun/Rafael Matos (BELM) 8-5
2. Joao Paoliello/Felipe Cirne Lima (BELM) def. Quinn Saine/Currie Martin (WKU) 8-2
3. Priyank Gangadharan/Arul Selvan (WKU) def. Jonathan Murrell/Zach Zola (BELM) 8-5
Match Notes: Western Kentucky 8-8 Belmont 8-11