Men's Tennis Falls at UNC-Greensboro 4-3
GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Belmont men's tennis team fell to UNC-Greensboro 4-3 in a match played Friday at the Piedmont Indoor Tennis Center in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Spartans won the first point of the match as they swept all three doubles matches.
In singles, the teams went back and forth with match wins before UNC-Greensboro clinched the victory in the final match as Varapongsittikul beat Mussolini in three sets, 6-4, 5-7, 6-2.
BU's three singles wins included: Rodrigo Amaral beating Ahmet Sarioglu in three sets at number two, Henrique Norbiato defeating Randy Phillips at number four in straight sets, and Bruno Silva beating Jimmy Roueche at number six 6-4, 6-2.
Belmont (1-4) is back in action on Sunday as they play at Appalachian State.
UNCG 4, Belmont 3
1. Orcun Seyrek (UNCG) def. Renato Antun (BEL) 6-3, 6-4
2. Rodrigo Amaral (BEL) def. Ahmet Sarioglu (UNCG) 7-6 (7-0), 4-6, 6-1
3. C. Varapongsittikul (UNCG) def. Fernando Mussolini (BEL) 6-4, 5-7, 6-2
4. Henrique Norbiato (BEL) def. Randy Phillips (UNCG) 6-1, 6-4
5. Cameron Smith (UNCG) def. Rafael Matos (BEL) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4
6. Bruno Silva (BEL) def. Jimmy Roueche (UNCG) 6-4, 6-2
1. Ahmet Sarioglu/Orcun Seyrek (UNCG) def. Renato Antun/Henrique Norbiato (BEL) 8-6
2. Randy Phillips/C. Varapongsittikul (UNCG) def. Rodrigo Amaral/Fernando Mussolini (BEL) 8-3
3. Jimmy Roueche/Cameron Smith (UNCG) def. Rafael Matos/Bruno Silva (BEL) 9-8 (7-3)