Men's Tennis Loses Road Match at Appalachian State 6-1
BOONE, N.C. – The Belmont men's tennis team fell to Appalachian State 6-1 in a match played Sunday at the Deer Valley Racquet Club in Boone, North Carolina.
Appalachian State won the first point of the match as they swept all three doubles matches. They continued their solid play in singles as they captured five of six matches to clinch the 6-1 victory over the Bruins.
Belmont's lone win came at number four singles as Henrique Norbiato defeated Sebastien King 6-4, 6-7, 10-6.
Belmont (1-5) returns to action next Saturday, March 3rd as they play at Florida Atlantic.
Appalachian State 6, Belmont 1
1. Alex Markov (ASU) def. Renato Antun (BEL) 6-3, 6-2
2. Philip Kloc (ASU) def. Rodrigo Amaral (BEL) 6-3, 6-3
3. Alain Humblet (ASU) def. Fernando Mussolini (BEL) 6-4, 6-2
4. Henrique Norbiato (BEL) def. Sebastien King (ASU) 6-4, 6-7 (3-7), 1-0 (10-6)
5. Steve Karendal (ASU) def. Rafael Matos (BEL) 2-1, retired
6. Matt Saltsgaver (ASU) def. Bruno Silva (BEL) 6-3, 7-6 (7-0)
1. Philip Kloc/Sebastien King (ASU) vs. Renato Antun/Rodrigo Amaral (BEL) 6-5, unfinished
2. Alain Humblet/Steve Karendal (ASU) def. Rafael Matos/Fernando Mussolini (BEL) 8-6
3. Andrew McKinnon/Zeke Sansing (ASU) def. Henrique Norbiato/Bruno Silva (BEL) 8-3