Men's Tennis Beats Kennesaw State 6-1
KENNESAW, Ga. – The Belmont men's tennis team won for the fourth time in their last five matches as they beat Kennesaw State 6-1 in an Atlantic Sun conference match held Saturday afternoon in Kennesaw, Georgia.
Belmont won the first point of the match as they captured two of three doubles matches. At number two, Rodrigo Amaral and Henrique Norbiato beat Gokalp Ozdemir and Louis Theodor 8-3, while at number three, Fernando Mussolini and Bruno Silva won in a tiebreaker over Matthew Johnson and Alex Toliver 9-8.
In singles, the Bruins won five of six singles matches to clinch the victory over the homestanding Owls. Renato Antun, Henrique Norbiato, Rodrigo Amaral, Fernando Mussolini, and Rafael Matos all picked up singles wins for Belmont on Saturday afternoon.
Belmont (6-9, 3-0 A-Sun) will be back on the court on Friday as they host USC Upstate at Centennial Sportsplex. The match begins at 1:00pm.
BELMONT 6, KENNESAW STATE 1
1) Renato Antun (BU) def. Alex Toliver (KSU) 6-4, 1-6, 6-1
2) Henrique Norbiato (BU) def. Simon Janik (KSU) 6-1, 6-4
3) Rodrigo Amaral (BU) def. Louis Theodor (KSU) 6-4, 6-3
4) Fernando Mussolini (BU) def. Gokalp Ozdemir (KSU) 6-4, 6-1
5) Rafael Matos (BU) def. Alexander Pena (KSU) 6-4, 6-0
6) Gianni Kubin (KSU) def. Bruno Silva (BU) 6-7(4), 6-1, 1-0(6)
1) Janik/Michael Browder (KSU) def. Antun/Matos (BU) 9-8(7)
2) Amaral/Norbiato (BU) def. Ozdemir/Theodor (KSU) 8-3
3) Mussolini/Silva (BU) def. Matthew Johnson/Toliver 9-8(8)