Women's Tennis Falls to Austin Peay 4-3
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – The Belmont women's tennis team fell to future OVC foe Austin Peay 4-3 in a match played indoors on Friday in Clarksville, Tennessee.
In singles, the Bruins fought hard, winning three matches, however Austin Peay won three matches which allowed them to clinch the match victory 4-3. Belmont's three wins came at the four, five, and six positions. At number four, Catherine Holliday defeated Andra Cornea 6-2, 6-2, while Laura Stack won at number five over Vanessa Tavarez 6-4, 6-3. At six, Natalia Nunes beat Jovana Karak in straight sets 6-0, 6-0.
Belmont (3-5) is back in action tomorrow as they host Central Arkansas indoors at 5:00pm at the Wildwood Tennis Club in Brentwood.
Austin Peay 4, Belmont 3
1. TOMIC, Vanja (APSUW) def. Fabiana Mersan (BELW) 6-0, 6-0
2. Di SALVO, Ornella (APSUW) def. Nikki Maciel (BELW) 6-3, 6-0
3. CARRE, Alison (APSUW) def. Carolyn Caire (BELW) 6-4, 6-0
4. Catherine Holliday (BELW) def. CORNEA, Andra (APSUW) 6-2, 6-2
5. Laura Stack (BELW) def. TAVAREZ, Vanessa (APSUW) 6-4, 6-3
6. Natalia Nunes (BELW) def. KARAK, Jovana (APSUW) 6-0, 6-0
1. TOMIC, Vanja/CARRE, Alison (APSUW) def. Laura Stack/Abigail Hogan (BELW) 8-4
2. CORNEA, Andra/Di SALVO, Ornella (APSUW) def. Fabiana Mersan/Catherine Holliday (BELW) 8-3
3. Natalia Nunes/Carolyn Caire (BELW) def. TAVAREZ, Vanessa/KARAK, Jovana (APSUW) 8-2