NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Belmont men's tennis team posted their second straight victory as they defeated Presbyterian 6-1 in a match played Sunday at Centennial Sportsplex in Nashville.
The Bruins earned the first point of the match by sweeping all three doubles matches. At one, junior Hendrik Inno and sophomore Marko Ilic beat Oscar Alvarez and Max Benson 6-2. Then at two, seniors Zak Khan and Joan Valy beat Alberto Conde and Nicholas McKinney 6-2. While at three, junior Vincent Sterkens and sophomore Grant Kelly defeated Castillo-Lopez and Mercer 6-2.
In singles, Belmont posted wins at five of the six positions to clinch the match victory over the Blue Hose. Inno won at number one over Max Benson 6-2, 7-5. Ilic was victorious over Alberto Conde 6-2, 6-2. At four, Zak Khan defeated Castillo-Lopez 6-4, 6-1. Sterkens beat Alvarez at five in straight sets, while at six, Jake Briggs defeated Elias Svensson 6-3, 6-4.
The men's tennis team (6-8) return to the court on Saturday, March 16th at home versus Georgia Southern.
Belmont 6, Presbyterian 1
1. Hendrik Inno (BELM) def. BENSON, Max (PC) 6-2, 7-5
2. Marko Ilic (BELM) def. CONDE, Alberto (PC) 6-2, 6-2
3. McKINNEY, Nicholas (PC) def. Joan Valy (BELM) 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
4. Zak Khan (BELM) def. CASTILLO-LOPEZ, J. (PC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Vincent Sterkens (BELM) def. ALVAREZ, Oscar (PC) 7-5, 6-2
6. Jake Briggs (BELM) def. SVENSSON, Elias (PC) 6-3, 6-4