MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — The Belmont Bruins sent a reduced squad to compete in the MTSU Invite this Saturday.
With just three weeks away from the OVC Championships, the Bruins had themselves a tuneup meet in Murfreesboro, Tenn. before they head to Birmingham for the first of three potential meets, which include the OVC Indoor Championships and the NCAA Indoor Nationals.
The Bruins participated in six events total today with their reduced squad (four events for the men and two events for the women).
For the men's side, the primary focus for the day was on short distance running and throwing events, while for the women's side, the focus was on long distance running and throwing events.
The men's side continued in its throwing stride, sweeping the podium in the Shot Put and finishing in the top three in the Weight Throw. Sophomore Cal Widener finished first in the Shot Put, while senior Stephen Gibson took second place in both Shot Put and Weight Throw.
The Bruins will compete in one more meet prior to the OVC Indoor Championship, as they will travel to Birmingham, Ala. to compete in the Samford Open from February 8-9.
55 Meter Dash:
7. Hayden Stover, Sophomore, 6.64
10. Griffin Hodge, Freshman, 6.71
12. Jared Devore, Sophomore, 6.78
200 Meter Dash:
10. Jared Devore, Sophomore, 22.98
14. Noah Barnhart, Freshman, 23.71
1. Cal Widener, Sophomore, 15.55m
2. Stephen Gibson, Senior, 14.84m
3. Reece Davidson, Freshman, 14.70m
2. Stephen Gibson, Senior, 16.35m
4. Cal Widener, Sophomore, 15.40m
5. Ryan Sheldon, Sophomore, 14.03m
6. Reece Davidson, Freshman, 13.72m