LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Belmont women's tennis team fell to Kentucky 7-0 in a road match played Sunday at the Boone Tennis Center in Lexington, Kentucky.
Kentucky (2-0) won the first point of the match as they swept all three doubles matches. In singles, the Wildcats continued their strong play as they swept all six singles matches to earn the 7-0 victory over the Bruins.
Belmont (0-2) returns to the court on Saturday, February 4th as they host Chattanooga in their home opener. The match will begin at 5:00pm be played indoors at the Wildwood Tennis Club in Brentwood.
Kentucky 7, Belmont 0
1) McGraw/Morin (UK) def. Stack/Caire (BU) 8-4
2) Fox/Witten (UK) def. Mersan/Nunes (BU) 8-1
3) Stiles/Venter (UK) def. Hogen/Holliday (BU) 8-2
1) Jessica Stiles (UK) def. Fabiana Mersan (BU) 6-1, 6-0
2) Caitlin McGraw (UK) def. Nikki Maciel (BU) 6-1, 6-1
3) Stephanie Fox (UK) def. Abbey Hogan (BU) 6-0, 6-0
4) Edmee Morin-Kougoucheff (UK) def. Carolyn Caire (BU) 6-1, 6-2
5) Misha Testerman (UK) def. Laura Stack (BU) 6-3, 6-1
6) CeCe Witten (UK) def. Catherine Holliday (BU) 6-0, 6-0