BRENTWOOD, Tenn. – The Belmont women's tennis team beat Kentucky Wesleyan 6-1 victory in a non-conference match played Saturday evening at the Wildwood Club in Brentwood.
The Bruins won the first point of the match as they swept all three doubles matches. They kept up their solid play in singles as they won five of the six matches in straight sets to earn the 6-1 victory.
It was the third straight victory for Belmont and evened the team's record to 3-3.
The women's tennis team returns to action next Friday as they face future OVC foe Murray State on the road. The match is set for 1:00pm in Murray, KY.
Belmont 6, Kentucky Wesleyan 1
1. Nikki Maciel (BELW) def. Bogle, Maddy (KWC) 6-0, 6-2
2. Carolyn Caire (BELW) def. Morrison, Jayden (KWC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Laura Stack (BELW) def. McMahon, Tatum (KWC) 6-3, 6-1
4. Natalia Nunes (BELW) def. Hallstedt, Macey (KWC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Abigail Hogan (BELW) def. Hadler, Danielle (KWC) 6-0, 6-2
6. Ganus, Kendall (KWC) def. Spenser-Anne Edwards (BELW) 8-6
1. Carolyn Caire/Laura Stack (BELW) def. Bogle, Maddy/Hallstedt, Macey (KWC) 8-1
2. Natalia Nunes/Nikki Maciel (BELW) def. Hadler, Danielle/Ganus, Kendall (KWC) 8-0
3. Spenser-Anne Edwards/Abigail Hogan (BELW) def. Butcher, Hannah/Brown, Jamie (KWC) 8-0