TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Belmont women's tennis team lost its second match of the season, 7-0, against the University of Alabama Sunday night in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Alabama (2-0) took an early 1-0 lead after winning the doubles point.
In singles, Belmont fell to Bama as they swept all six matches after sophomore Terra Sheldon ultimately lost after a tie breaking set in No. 5 singles.
The Bruins (0-2) home opener is Friday night as the team faces Martin Methodist University at 6 p.m. CT.
Alabama 7, Belmont 0
1. #41 Andie Daniell (UA) def. Drew Hawkins (BELW) 6-2, 6-2
2. Moka Ito (UA) def. Peyton Lee (BELW) 6-4, 6-2
3. Jacqueline Pelletier (UA) def. Erin Allen (BELW) 7-5, 6-2
4. Ann Selim (UA) def. Sarah Brackin (BELW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Luca Fabian (UA) def. Terra Sheldon (BELW) 6-1, 7-6 (7-3)
6. Kimberley Gintrand (UA) def. Lauren Carelli (BELW) 6-3, 6-2
1. Andie Daniell/Moka Ito (UA) def. Drew Hawkins/Peyton Lee (BELW) 6-0
2. Alba Cortina Pou/Luca Fabian (UA) def. Lauren Carelli/Erin Allen (BELW) 6-2
3. Ann Selim/Kimberley Gintrand (UA) def. Sarah Brackin/Terra Sheldon (BELW) 6-1
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (4,1,6,2,5,3)