CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – The Belmont Women's tennis team defeated the University of Central Arkansas 4-3 Friday afternoon in Clarksville, Tenn.
With UCA only having five players, the match was set for two doubles and five singles matches with the Bruins up a point before matches started due to the default.
The Bruins continue the weekends play with a home match against the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. The match against the Mocs is set for 6 p.m. at Centennial Sportsplex in Nashville.
Belmont 4, Central Arkansas 3
1. Fuka Nonoyama (UCA) def. Drew Hawkins (BELW) 6-3, 6-4
2. Erin Allen (BELW) def. Mei Ishimura (UCA) 6-4, 3-6, 6-2
3. Peyton Lee (BELW) def. Marli Van Heerden (UCA) 6-2, 6-4
4. Yada Vasupongchai (UCA) def. Sarah Brackin (BELW) 6-1, 6-2
5. Rada Manataweewat (UCA) def. Terra Sheldon (BELW) 4-6, 6-1, 1-0 (12-10)
6. Maria Plaksina (BELW) def. No player (UCA), by default