NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Belmont women's tennis team posted its third sweep of the season defeating Cumberland 7-0 Saturday night at Centennial Sportsplex.
The Bruins grabbed the doubles point with wins at all three spots.
In singles, Belmont won all six matches giving the Bruins a win. Freshman Peyton Lee moved up to the No. 2 spot and won her fifth straight match of the season.
The Bruins are now 5-4 for the season with their second straight win so far.
Up next for the Bruins includes a hometown match against crosstown rivals, Lipscomb, on March 1. The Lady Bisons are 6-2 on the season having defeated ETSU and WKU, teams the Bruins have already played this season. The match is set for 2 p.m.
Belmont 7, Cumberland (Tenn.) 0
1. Drew Hawkins (BELW) def. Jessica Hernandez (CU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Peyton Lee (BELW) def. Ainhoa Garrido (CU) 6-2, 7-5
3. Erin Allen (BELW) def. Marianela Landi (CU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Terra Sheldon (BELW) def. Kylie Humphrey (CU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Lauren Carelli (BELW) def. Stefanie Navaratnam (CU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Nikki Christiansen (BELW) def. Ana Maria Collazos (CU) 6-2, 6-0